O-ring Size: 1/2"ID X 5/8"OD X 1/16"CS
Buna-N O-Rings 70 Duro (NBR):
The most commonly used elastomer for sealing products. Nitrile, also known as Buna-N or NBR, is a copolymer of Butadiene and Acrylonitirle. It has a temperature range of -40F to +250F and is exceptionally resistant to petroleum base oils and hydrocarbon fuels. Nitrile materials also exhibit excellent tensile strength and abrasion resistance properties. The material performs well with most dilute acids, silicone oils and lubricants and in water applications. It is not recommended for use with ketones, aromatic hydrocarbons and phosphate ester hydraulic fluids. More than 50% of the Orings sold are Nitrile Orings, commonly used in hydraulic/pneumatic motors, cylinders, pumps and valves.
Buna-N / Nitrile Recommended uses:
- General purpose sealing.
- Petroleum oils and fluids.
- Hydraulic fluids
- L.P. gases
- Cold Water.
- Silicone greases and oils
- Di-ester base lubricants (MIL-L-7808).
- Ethylene glycol base fluids (Hydrolubes)
Nitrile is not recommended for:
- Halogenated hydrocarbons (carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene)
- Nitro hydrocarbons (nitrobenzene, aniline)
- Phosphate ester hydraulic fluids (Skydrol, Fyrquel, Pydraul).
- Ketones (MEK, acetone)
- Sunlight, UV
- Strong Acids Ozone
- Automotive brake fluid
- A general purpose, sulfur-cured Nitrile (Buna-N) compound
- Color: Black
- Duro: 70
- FDA: No
- ASTM D2000-99 Grade M2BG714 B14 EA14 EF11 EF21 EO14 EO34 Z1=TR10= -31.9C
- B70 is designed to meet or exceed the properties of these popular Buna Nitrile Compounds:
N674-70, N100-70, 7507, B46-70, 4200-70, H14327, 4700-70 and 366Y
Operating temperature: -40° to +250°F