TPE (Hytrel®) Backup Rings
TPE Back-Up Rings (Hytrel®)
TPE backups are manufactured from high quality thermoplastic polyester elastomer (TPE). This tough material is long wearing with very good abrasion resistance in both dynamic and static applications and improved extrusion resistance compared to standard FKM or NBR backups. It has high temperature capabilities up to 275°F (135°C) along with a broad range of fluid compatibility including water based fluids. Molded of 55D Durometer TPEl, these back-up rings provide excellent extrusion resistance and tolerance to fluids such as phosphate esters, hydraulic oil and water. Stretched for installation, they return quickly to their original size for easy installation.
- 000 Series O-rings 0.070" - .050" Thick
- 100 Series O-rings 0.103" - .050" Thick
- 200 Series O-rings 0.139" - .050" Thick
- 300 Series O-rings 0.210" - .070" Thick
- 400 Series O-rings 0.275" - .105" Thick
NOTE: Sizes (Dash No.) corresponds to O-ring numbers.